Daring Bakers May Challenge: Honey & Apple Challah

May’s Daring Bakers’ Challenge was pretty twisted – Ruth from The Crafts of Mommyhood challenged us to make challah! Using recipes from all over, and tips from “A Taste of Challah,” by Tamar Ansh, she encouraged us to bake beautifully braided breads.

You won't get anything special this month, because I used a already-exsisting recipe. I made exactly the same recipe some time ago when we visited my mother-in-law, and I remembered it instantly when I read the challenge. Despite of some minor changes, I kept to the recipe; and the tutorial which comes with it is really good, so I don't want to post it again (because I coulnd't have done better). It's from one of my favourite food blogs Smitten kitchen written by the ingenious Deb Perelman. She has got  a cooking book in the line (coming out soon) which I will definitively buy.
This time, I got a really soft and tasty dough (thanks to my changes I guess) compared to the last one I made. 


Honey & Apple Challah

My changes:
  • added 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix (cinnamon and apples go really well together)
  • used apple compote instead of the fresh apples and mixed it into the dough prior to rising

Keine Kommentare: